Sunday, January 6, 2013

VIPs I've Met in 2012!

Part of my journey is meeting people whom I've known for a long time 
(well, because they're kinda celebrity) but have just met in person in 2012.
They're an inspiration to me and I looked up to them.
So here they are...

RICKY LEE. Who wouldn't know Ricky Lee especially if you're a "showbiz-person"?  
Sir Ricky or Tatang (who is a self-confessed Noranian), 
is the scriptwriter of the phenomenal HIMALA of ate Guy.
I love him! He's so BIG in the movie industry and yet, very humble.
We were introduced to each other by Dok Luis Gatmaitan. 
Thank you,tito Dok for making it possible.
Sir Ricky gave me one of his books (SI TATANG AT MGA HIMALA NG ATING PANAHON)...
with an autograph, of course.
Perfect as a birthday gift!
This happened during the Cinemalaya 8 last July 24, 2012 at the CCP.



ROBERT ALEJANDRO."Kuya Robert" as he was fondly called in the children's program ART-isKOOLl in GMA 7 has been an inspiration to me because he has this certain aura that is very positive. 
He looks very calm and down-to-earth.
Plus the fact that he is a responsible journalist.
I was not disappointed when I met him in person because he is really a nice guy.
Little did he know that I'm really a fan of him when I was still a kid.
I love the segment in his program wherein he's making an artwork out of a name.
I wish I made him do that with my name when we met!(There's next time, anyway!)
And because I knew that he's one of the owners of Papemelroti,
I patronize that specialty store.
I even memorized that Papemelroti means Patty/Peggy/Meldy/Robert/Tina.
Those are the names of his sisters who also own the store.
It was nice meeting him at Mind Museum
during the 2nd National Children's Book Awards
with FREE museum tour courtesy of National Book Development Board (NBDB).
Special thanks to Beverly Wico-Siy for heading the event.
I will never forget the date July 28, 2012--two days after my birthday.
It was the day I've met Kuya Robert!
Indeed, ART is-KOOL...and GOD is GOOD!
Thanks for this rare opportunity.

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment